1989 – 2017 5.9L & 6.7L Dodge Cummins Main Bearings Set
Select Size In Drop Down Menu
MS-2328P – Standard Size
MS-2328P-.25mm – .25MM Undersize
MS-2328P-.50mm – .50MM Undersize
P-Series parts are the oldest series of Clevite® high performance bearings. Both rods and mains have high crush for maximum retention, and a reduced overlay thickness to prevent overlay fatigue, sometimes referred to as hen tracking.
Use P-Series mains where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings. Rod bearing oil starvation is typically indicated by polishing and smearing of the bearing surface, possibly accompanied by discoloration predominantly concentrated at the axial center of the bearings.
Clevite® TriMetal™ engine bearings have been the industry standard since the first patent on the cast, copper, lead composition decades ago. These points are just a few of the advantages Clevite’s TriMetal™ engine bearings:
- Seizure Resistance – Clevite TriMetal™ bearings have as much as 40% better seizure resistance than competitors’ engine bearings.
- Load Capacity – Clevite TriMetal™ bearings can withstand over 60% higher loads for extended periods compared to competitor bearings.
- Embedability & Conformability – The overlay on a TriMetal™ bearing offers a superior surface for forgiveness, offering additional protection that can be extremely beneficial in an engine that is poorly maintained.
- Durability – Clevite TriMetal™ bearings not only exceed light vehicle OE durability requirements of 150,000 miles, they also exceed heavy vehicle OE durability requirements of 300,000 miles.
- Even all tri-metal engine bearings are not the same. If you want the highest quality, strongest, and original TriMetal™ bearings, ask for Clevite Engine Bearings.